Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    I have an idea. Just cancel school until June,then start back. Since the board seems to want to cancel school whenever they see a snowflake, then they can start in June and they can cancel school then because of the heat!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    Board does not make the call the Superintendent and his assistants make the call.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    What does it hurt you? What if your precious children or grandchildren were hurt in a bus accident? What if there is no snow, ice or bad weather in your town but they are others?

    I cant stand when people are so quick to say this is wrong one day and then say something else is the next day. I wish you could be the one held responsible if there were to be an accident, you realize that students have to drive themselves in some circumstances.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    I have been all over the county and can see no reason why there was no school today. I think that the superintendent jumped the gun on this one. Besides, the other day, when school was let out early, the bus driver on the route I live on didn't slow down any and the roads were covered then. Reported him and nothing was done at all. Now you have to admit that there have been times(and there are plenty) that school was called in anticipation of snow, but nothing happened. The point I am trying to get across is that they(whoever it is) need to quit jumping the gun so quick. Now, do you see what I am talking about? I realize that it is better to be on the safe side, but really, what are the kids learning out of this? Later on in life when they are out in the workforce, what will they do? Call in to work and say they can't come to work because it might snow? They superintendent needs to use his judgement a little more and look at the radar and see just exactly where the storm is tracking instead of relying on what he is relying on now.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    Indian_Dad had to find an alterate ride home (with a co-worker) this morning because his vehicle couldn't navigate the ice patches.
    At least two of my co-workers had to find alternate rides to work because they couldn't get their vehicles from Wise to Norton safely. It was icy.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    I have driven through everything, but this morning the ice was so bad that my wheels (have studded snow tires and all) did nothing but spin. I could not get out of the lot where me and my co-worker parked to ride. Luckily, it was his night to drive, and even with his big Dodge, we were able to go no faster (safely) than 25 from ROSP to Wise (same with all of the folks in front of me). Several Officers from the other shift had already called in. We slipped and slid the whole way-real white knuckler. There's been times when I have questioned WC for closing-not today.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New School Schedules!!!!!!!!

    I realize that sometimes it is in the best interest of the kids. But the last 3 years, it just seems like that everytime there is meantion of a snowflake, school gets cancelled

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •